Tasers are among the most popular means of self-defense accessible today. Taser devices, unlike stun guns, are not considered pain compliance tools. The technique by which tasers work is referred to as neuromuscular incapacitation by TASER International, the company that created the device.
Neuromuscular incapacitation causes an attacker’s muscles to contract involuntarily throughout their body. These contractions result from the use of less-lethal high-voltage, low-amperage shocks. People have died due to taser device misuse, but only in circumstances of excessive police force and/or pre-existing conditions in the affected individuals.
Taser devices used by civilians have 30-second cycle times. For non-police individuals using a taser for self-defense, the purpose is to shock the assailant and immediately flee to safety. Its drive stun capacity can also be used as a close-contact stun gun that causes severe pain but not incapacitates.
Read on to learn about our recommended purple tasers if you’re interested in buying one.
Table Of Contents
How To Use Purple Tasers For Self-Defense
When it comes to self-defense options for personal safety and security, there is nothing that could go head-to-head with a taser device. Here are some tips for using a taser safely and effectively:
- Make sure the taser you purchase is simple for you to use confidently. Tasers come in various types and prices, so it’s vital to pick the best one for you that’s well within your budget.
- Learn the proper way to use your taser. Learning how to handle tasers responsibly is critical because the electric shock they provide can be harmful if used incorrectly.
- Keep your taser on you at all times. Make sure it is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
- If you are legitimately threatened, don’t be afraid to use your taser. Tasers can be an extremely effective deterrent to an attacker.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Avoid walking alone at night or in unsafe locations, and be mindful of who is near you.
- In a dangerous situation, stay calm and collected. Keeping your cool and focus when employing a Taser for self-defense is critical.
- Practice using your taser to become acquainted with its operation and avoid accidental firing. This will increase your confidence in deploying it in an actual situation.
How Effective Are Purple Tasers
Tasers may strike a target up to 15 feet away, providing the end user with plenty of safe space from the assailant. Dart cartridges with a range of 21 to 25 feet and a maximum range of 35 feet are only available to law enforcement officers. When the cartridge bay is empty, a taser device can be converted into a stun gun through the “drive stun” mode.
Top 3 Purple Tasers For Self-Defense
Tasers, as one of the most favored self-defense tools, are currently offered in a wide range of types. Below is a selection of our top picks for the best purple tasers for self-defense.
- Voltage Capacity: 12 billion volts
- Safety Mechanism: Safety switch
- Additional features: 300-lumen LED flashlight
- Battery: Rechargeable
A great taser for anyone to have is the POLICE Stun Gun M12-59 Billion Metal Rechargeable with LED Tactical Flashlight, Purple. It is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and has an integrated flashlight for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
You won’t have to worry about it running out of power in an emergency since it has an integrated rechargeable battery. You can immobilize any attacker instantly with the 12 billion-volt capacity of the POLICE Stun Gun M12-59.
|High-voltage capacity||Limited range (direct contact)|
|Rechargeable batteries||Long charging hours|
|Sturdy||Not compact (5’5” long)|
- Voltage Capacity: 30 billion volts
- Safety Mechanism: I/O switch
- Additional features 200-lumen LED flashlight
- Battery: Rechargeable
If you have a limited budget, choose the Vipertek VTS-880, which is less expensive than other devices. This amount gets you a small unit that won’t take up much space in your wallet. Despite its modest size and low price, this stun pistol may easily restrain an attacker with its 30 billion-volt electric shock.
Additionally, this model is made with non-slip rubber coating, allowing for easy use, and it also comes with a powerful LED flashlight.
|Compact size||No wrist strap|
|Low price||No anti-grab strips|
|Faster charging time||No safety switch|
- Voltage Capacity: 3,500,000 volts
- Safety Mechanism: Safety Cap
- Additional features: 200-lumen LED flashlight
- Battery: Rechargeable
The Streetwise Perfume Protector resembles a perfume spray bottle, making it small enough to carry in your purse or pocket. Aside from being easy to conceal, this device is capable of bringing your attacker to his knees.
With three to five seconds of direct stun, the assailant will get shocked with high voltage (3.5 million volts), which causes loss of balance and muscle control, confusion, and disorientation.
|Discrete protection||Lower charge capacity|
|Rechargeable batteries||Limited range|
|Lifetime warranty||Low-quality build|
If you’re looking for a smaller stun gun, this Security Forward article lists the top three pocket stun guns for women to have in 2022.