How To Connect Security Cameras To TV
Security cameras play an important role in your home security system. They help identify intruders, deter possible burglars, check in on your family, provide proof for insurance claims, and help in police investigations.
However, if you want to utilize the camera better, you need to learn how to connect your camera to a TV. Having a monitor will help you view the actions you caught on camera for easy access.
How do you connect your security cameras to a monitor? Keep on reading to learn more.
Connect Your Security Camera to Your TV through an NVR System
There are multiple ways to connect security cameras, but the easiest way is through a Network Video Recorder (NVR). You can use this tool to capture HD video and audio recording footage if your camera is compatible.
Here’s how to go through with the connection process.
1. Connect Your Security Camera to the NVR
- First, get a standard Ethernet Cat ⅚ cable.
- Then, identify the Ethernet port, usually placed at the back of the NVR.
- Plug one end to the Ethernet cable port and plug the other into your camera’s port.
2. Connect Your NVR to the TV
- Find an HDMI cable.
- Look for the NVR’s HDMI port, usually placed at the side.
- Plug the first side of the HDMI cable.
- Look for the HDMI port in your TV.
- Plug the other side of the cable into your TV’s HDMI port.
3. Supply the Power to the NVR
- Lastly, let power run through the NVR using a power adapter.
- If power outages are common in your area, it would be best to purchase an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system.
- Once ready, turn on the TV and start monitoring the live views on the screen.
Connecting security cameras to a TV screen may seem like it’s a daunting task. However, if you have everything need and you go through the steps, you’ll have it up and running in no time!
Still planning to shop for security cameras? Check out our list of the best home security cameras with microphones!