Why You Should Install A Security Alarm For Your Car
The convenience modern cars bring today boasts the ability to travel great lengths of distance while possessing features and systems highly capable of anything– from a self-parking motion sensor car to a military-grade security system that allows keyless entry.
However, despite the advancements in anti-theft car security systems, thieves can always defeat them. Fortunately, products and car alarm systems are available on the market that can provide improved protection for your vehicle.
Read the article below to learn more about the pros, cons, and benefits of getting a car alarm system in 2022.
Table Of Contents
Why Do You Need The Best Car Alarm Systems
Getting your vehicle stolen by car thieves is never a pleasant experience for anyone, especially if you are on a family vacation in California. A thief always works overtime to disable car alarms and get into your vehicle.
The FBI reports that car thefts in the United States rose by 11.8% in 2020 compared to 2019, and the pattern has persisted. Hence, a security alarm for your car is one of the must-have devices to deter car theft.
Here are some of the advantages of having a security alarm system for your automobile.
- Decrease Insurance Costs: Installing an alarm system in both modern and older models of cars will often reduce your insurance costs.
- Deterrent For Car Thieves: A thief will always choose an easy target, especially a car that is exposed and parked in a public lot. The presence of high-quality car alarm systems or even a car security system logo will deter burglars.
- Vehicle Resale Value: If you intend to sell your automobile, installing a high-quality vehicle alarm system is highly recommended. This will help increase the selling price and the number of deals you receive for your car.
- Smartphone Application: Most car alarm systems now include a smartphone app. This allows customers to turn it off and on remotely.
Top 5 Picks: Car Alarm Security Systems
There are a variety of options for car alarm security systems available on the market, which could easily confuse starters on what to purchase. However, we researched the best car alarms and discovered that the Compustar CS7900-AS is your best bet for a traditional car alarm.
This product has everything that a car alarm system has to offer—from a siren to multiple shock sensors, the Compustar will definitely keep thieves at bay.
1. Compustar CS4900-S: Best bundle
The Compustar CS7900-AS is a fantastic option for vehicle enthusiasts because it combines various security system features. You may lock and unlock your car from up to 3,000 feet away with the included key fob. Numerous practical features can also be found on the Compustar CS7900-AS. This kit contains a 105 dB alarm siren, a dual zone shock sensor, hood, door, and trunk triggers, as well as a built-in starter kill.
- Extensive range (3,000 ft.)
- Two key fobs included
- Remote start system
- Requires extra components for optimal performance
- Not easy to install
2. Avital 5305L: Best value
The Avital 5305L is a low-cost alternative to premium car alarm brands Viper and Python, offering the same features. It has every recommended safety component, including shock sensors, emergency mode, flashing lights, a siren that blares at 120 decibels, and a kill switch that deters carjacking.
- Carjack protection
- Remote control start
- 2-way LCD key fob remote
- Limited range (1,500 ft.)
- No smartphone app
- It does not support manual transmissions.
3. Mengshen Anti-Theft Alarm: Budget pick
The Mengshen Anti-Theft Alarm is a primary commercial battery-powered siren that can be installed in any size or kind of car. It includes a key fob that you may use to activate or disengage the alarm, much like regular car alarms.
You can modify the sensitivity settings to detect minute vibrations like someone rattling your vehicle lock or tapping on your window. According to customer reviews, this item is the best buy due to its affordable price and industrial-grade durability.
- Easy installation
- Great compatibility
- No remote start
- Incompatible with smartphone
- Limited range (1,500 ft.)
4. Viper 1-way: Best simple keyless entry
If you’re looking for a change in your car alarm security system, the Viper 1-way is a great place to start. You can lock and unlock your automobile with the fob from 1,500 feet away. Additionally, it has a Failsafe Starter Kill mechanism that shuts off the engine while the alarm goes off.
- Fobs included
- Easy installation
- Failsafe Starter Kill
- No warranty
- Not smart phone compatible
- Expensive prices for remotes
5. DroneMobile X1 LTE: Easy to install
The DroneMoble X1 LTE is at top of the list when it comes to the simplest installation for a car alarm. In addition to its GPS trackers and cellular alert notifications, it can also monitor your car’s general health and car safety. With this device, you have the ability to lock and unlock your car through your smartphone.
- GPS tracking and monitoring
- Impact detector
- Wireless remote control
- Requires pro installation
- Needs subscription
- Incompatible with older vehicles
Are you interested in motion sensors? Check out this list of nifty devices with Bluetooth motion sensors here at Security Forward.